Friday, January 30, 2009

The Snake Adventure

Now I dont claim to be a paradigm of truthfulness; in fact I advice people to take whatever I say with a pinch of salt. It was easy for the father of our nation to be truthful his entire life but he probably never had his mother asking him what he was doing staying up so late on his computer!
Inspite of this I generally wish for my friends to believe me when I am narrating them an incident; so picture my disappointment at the following turn of events.
It was a bright morning ( or afternoon) and as usual I was seated in the SPCE canteen drinking FLW's. Seated with me were chakku, hesty, boli and chaukya. Sometime during our talks Harshita and Mugdha joined our table.
The conversation took an interesting turn when Heston started talking about snakes in his native place; at which point I pipped in saying that I had jumped on a snake (by accident but hey people do not go around looking for snakes to jump on!!).
Chakku stared at me with his usual sloshed expression which makes people around him want to slap his face incessantly with a dead fish and said "Balls!". Boli smiled and tried to sip chakku's FLW while he was not looking. Chaukya tilted his neck to 63 degrees. ( Now Chaukya has this habit of tilting his neck while making smart-arse comments and the degree of tilt varies from 60 to 63 degrees depending on his level of excitement). It was evident he was quite excited. " Myyyyyyyy Heroooooooooooo! " he said in a condescending drawling voice expressing his thinly-vieled disbelief. Only hesty considered my story however bizzare to be strangely plausible.
Hark! I hear the voices of the thronging multitude asking for a narration of the story. ( Actually considering the number of visits I believe no one reads this crap anyway!).But anyway here goes.
It happened like this: I was around 10 years old and staying at my Grandma's for the summer vacations. There is an empty plot next to our house roughly the size of the workshop. The middle portion of the plot is a clearing where we play cricket and the rest of the plot is covered with thick undergrowth and a couple of small trees. It is separated from my house by a low brick wall. So here I was sitting and watching TV sometime after breakfast when I heard my friends calling me. I was real passionate about cricket at that point in my life though the passion has since died down.
Not wanting to waste time; I decided to jump over the wall instead of walking around to the gate. I heaved myself over the wall and landed on something cylindrical. I looked down and to my horror it was a snake. I leapt back in shock like a person who has just landed on a snake and ran as fast as I could to the clearing. Having had no oppurtunity to indulge in pleasantaries with the snake; I still do not know why it refrained from biting me (or what snake it was for that matter).
I returned with my friends armed with sticks and bats to the spot but the snake was nowhere to be seen. The loss of faith in my story was almost instantaneous and from there on the general trend amongst any group of people has been to brand my story fake which had led me to shelve the story till that moment of weakness in the canteen.
Which leads to the obvious question as to why am I posting it on the world wide web where millions (snigger!) will see it and add to the list of disbelievers??. The right answer is that I am bored and by posting it I have ensured that you have wasted 5 minutes of your life( or more depending on your reading speed) you will never get back! Muahahahaha!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You didn't say you jumped on a snake. You said you jumped on the BUTT of a snake. Hahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think so!
    why would i say BUTT of a snake?
    snakes have no butts!!

    ReplyDelete